Thursday, June 3, 2010

My first taste of Adulthood!!


Heyy folks..!!

June 3rd 2010 was a very special day for. This is because I received my first pay cheque today..!! My day started with great excitement, I was and still am super thrilled with the fact that I've actually received money for my work. A wave of Satisfaction washed over me as I collected my pay cheque. The feeling of holding my cheque,it's feel,colour,in fact even it's smell was so appealing to me.The feeling was so intoxicating, that I went completely crazy. I couldn't stop myself from smiling , at least for half an hour; And then , in true bollywood style, pushed my torso outside the window a moving car [A la Deepika Padukone in Love Aaj Kal] And started to shout out my happiness and excitement.Once my levels of craziness got back to normal, my eyes fell on the leaving certificate.This took me back to April 2010.

This was the time when I, a girl all of 17 years,Who like many others of her age was inspired by all those Hollywood chick-flicks, and wanted to work in a diner, as a summer intern.My obvious choice was the McDonald's. But this is no US, and hence I couldn't find work because of my age.After a lot of job searching, I landed in a job with Placement consultancy for a month. All was well and I finished my work tenure with the company. But it was on the last day that I realised that I'm gonna miss this place alot .I wanted to pick up the phone and start saying " Hi! I'm Priya from Kanak Global. Is this the right time to speak with you"?. But I couldn't figure out what I'd miss so much about this place.Is it my super sweet colleagues? Or my cute lil' cubicle?? The answer was 'everything'. I'll miss the excitement I'd face everytime one of my candidate got shortlisted. I'll miss the adrenaline rush I get when I jump off the running bus everyday. I'll miss those lip-smacking panipuris and almond kulfis. I'll miss the fear of getting caught playing video games secretly while on the floor. I'll miss the Blazing hot sun and the auto drivers who take advantage of it when I used to take 1hr off, before and after lunch, to go and meet my friend. I'll miss the tension I used to face of signing in late. I'll miss the kick I used to get when I , along with my colleagues used to curse my boss for blocking FACEBOOK. I'll miss the sense of independence I used to experience when I used to travel all alone everyday.Most importantly, I'll miss being a 17yr old adult, who faces the challenge of tackling with the big, bad world outside...Everyday !!



2 comments:

  1. heya congrats gal...on eperiencing ur adulthood...ur absolutely right independence does feel good...amazing stuff..really well written
    love you
    Divya

    ReplyDelete